Wednesday, July 14, 2010

8th week log, Mid-term evaluation!

A lot of details about pdb support and the organization of the output cells were discussed this week.
The characteristics added are:
  • The output cells are appended as they appear in the space between th executed cell and the next executable cell. i.e.
  • for i in range(3):
        print i**2
    0
    1
    4
  • When you execute again a cell the previous output cells are erased(if any)
  • If a new cell is created by the program (not the user) the scroll bar goes to its maximum value. This is not the right way to approach the automatic movement of the viewport I know, I'll work on it on the weekend.
  • You can clean the notebook of output cells by clicking a button in evaluate menu.
The last one is part of the details  usually add when my brain is stuck, I try to add a little thing every couple of days.
Today I'm working on subprocess, i.e. communication with the shell. I think I need to create an ipython's instance or inherit InteractiveShell, I'm waiting a hand from Fernando but this shouldn't be too dificult.

I also hope to finish everything planned round next week to put some effort on the highlighting and autoindentation.

No comments:

Post a Comment